On Discovering Self

"Walk in Peace... Learn from Nature... Find Yourself...
"

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Found this Inspiration in a Poem...

"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where none intrudes.
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more..."

-Lord Byron


I have this poem written in my "Rite in the Rain" notebook that I carry in my backpack and it never fails to inspire me and remind me, why I spend so much time in the wilderness. So as a good tip for the day, be sure to bring a good notebook, preferably one of the waterproof-rainproof kind that you can keep good notes about all your dirt time. I bring along a small pack of colored pencils and make simple drawings of things I observe. With this practice, along with taking digital photos, you gain a more intimate relationship with the wilderness and nature around you. And that is what it is all about.... Happy Exploring.
Rite in the Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment