On Discovering Self

"Walk in Peace... Learn from Nature... Find Yourself...
"

Friday, November 25, 2011

More On The Subject of Firecraft

   Recently I needed to complete another lesson for BushclassUSA on the BushcraftUSA forum website. This particular lesson involved the gathering and lighting five man-made tinders. Part of the lesson was to have fun, I decided to approach the process as if the tinders had to be found in the wild, even though they are really "man-made". So here is the resultant video I made and I hope you enjoy it.

More after the jump...



Firecraft or the skill of building a fire is exactly that, you build the fire. It takes some time and often patience to get it right, but it is well worth it. Here is yet another video I made on how to build a "Twig Fire". It is again another video I made for BushclassUSA. Twig fires are always fun to build as they usually require very little knife work and get you a very usable fire in a short time. So here is the video. I hope you enjoy it.

So I hope that gives you some ideas for your own firecraft practice. It is one of the most important skills to master, in all its forms. I will continue to touch on this subject often as it is always very timely. Til next time, Happy Exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment