On Discovering Self

"Walk in Peace... Learn from Nature... Find Yourself...
"

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hardwoodsman Meet 2012

   I know that it has been some time since my last post, but I have been busy with some really great bushcraft adventures. From April 18th to the 22nd, I attended the 2012 Hardwoodsman Meet held near Ashland, MO. It was in the Pine Ridge Recreation Area campground in the Mark Twain State Forest. For me it was five days of solid bushcraft. I met a band of brothers I will never forget. We all shared a love for bushcraft, and we were all able to share with each other that incredible adventure. There were sessions in training on several subjects, including bow drill fire, wilderness first aid, improvised backpacks, insulation beds, water purification, plant ID, knots, split wood fire building. The competitions on Saturday, kept us all on our toes. The fellowship was incredible, and I now have a group of friends that will continue to share their adventures with me as we learn together. The event was put together by Iz Turley of Turley Knives and sponsored in part by BushcraftUSA and Bushcraft Outfitters. It was an incredible time.
   Here is a video montage of some of the best moments from the meet. I hope you enjoy.



I am sure that more of this adventure will need to be shared, but I will save that until later. Until then, Happy Exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment